RAP - Registered Apprenticeship Program

RAP - Registered Apprenticeship Program

The Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) allows you, the student, the opportunity to be enrolled in high school, and also work as a paid apprentice.  The program is designed to allow you to simultaneously complete high school and 1000 hour towards the 1500 required hours for the first year apprenticeship in your designated Trade.  

As a worker, the RAP apprentice is expected to take on the same responsibilities as a regular apprentice and be just as productive. The RAP apprentice is punctual, completes tasks as assigned, and observes all safety regulations and other rules of the employer. As a student, the RAP apprentice attends classes, completes school assignments, and maintains passing grades.

What do I have to do to become a RAP student?

1.  Pick a Trade (there are over 50 to choose from).

2.  Find an employer (we actively work with industry partners to find work placements, but students are ultimately responsible for securing a position.)

3.  Complete the paperwork and the prerequisite HCS 3000 Workplace Safety Systems Course, have a good attendance record, be enrolled and passing the prerequisite high school courses for your chosen Trade and in line to graduate. (we will walk you through these steps)

4.  Start working and earning money!! RAP is flexible, meaning you can work part-time, half days or full days, in the summer or sometimes even after you graduate.  We will work together with your employer to set a work schedule that compliments your high school graduation requirements and the requirements for your Trade.  You can earn up to 40 high school credits through the RAP program.

After graduating high school and completing your first period hours (about 1500) the next step is to do the technical training or schooling component of your apprenticeship.  About 80% of your time will be spent working on the job and the other 20% will be in the classroom.  You will continue the cycle of working the required hours and completing the technical training periods in your trade with the goal of becoming a certified journeyperson. 

Beginning your apprenticeship in high school will be get you a head start on an exciting career choice in the Trades.  

Further information and details about apprenticeship can be found at:  www.tradesecrets.org and Careers: The Next Generation

Click the links below to read our success stories!


Ag. Tech


Ag. Tech





For more information, please contact: